PATH & MAPS – graphic facilitation tools for planning
This 3-day interactive learning experience will train participants to be competent and confident PATH and MAPS facilitators.
PATH and MAPS are graphic facilitation tools for ‘big picture’ and whole of life planning for individuals or groups (eg family/whanau, teams, community groups or organisations).
Each tool involves a co-facilitated process to develop a comprehensive plan in pictorial form that explores a desired future (whether the aspiration is an individual’s good life or a collective’s highest purpose) and identifies action steps to achieve positive and possible outcomes.
The graphic facilitation process means that PATH and MAPS are accessible planning tools for all persons, regardless of communication abilities, which promote the principles of Enabling Good Lives.
The integrity of the PATH and MAPS processes requires that all facilitators have had a personal experience of being a PATHfinder or MAPmaker before facilitating the process for others.
The 3-day workshop includes:
- Introduction to graphic facilitation techniques
- Introduction to the philosophy of PATH and MAPS
- Demonstration of PATH or MAPS
- Practice of facilitiation of PATH and MAPS (each participant will have an experience of being a PATHfinder or MAPmaker, a process facilitator and a graphic facilitator
- Overview of other tools using graphic facilitation techniques
- Review and debrief of learning
This training is available for groups of 6-12 participants anywhere in New Zealand.
Please contact us to find out more.
- Off-site (at training provider or other premises)
- On-site (at client premises)
No previous experience required.