Training in the disability sector
With the benefit of many years’ practical, hands-on experience supporting people with disabilities, we know what works and what doesn’t. We understand the risks and challenges involved and have real-life experience of finding ways to mitigate them.
This means that we are uniquely positioned to deliver training in this sector that will have maximum impact.
- We can teach the skills required to facilitate natural supports with the confidence and credibility that comes from practical experience, gained working with people with differing needs within the community.
- Our real-life case-studies and anecdotes will bring the training to life, helping participants to fully understand the benefit of this approach.
In short, participants will leave not just knowing how to facilitate natural supports and community connections, but feeling positive and enthusiastic about doing so.
Why our training works
- Investment in tools and processes – We understand that whilst the concepts of person driven practice and using the lightest touch are simple, the transformation from support worker to facilitator is complex. We have invested heavily in researching and developing the tools and processes to assist this process, and honed them over years of use in real life settings.
- Personal planning a strength – Our focus on personal planning is such that we have trained our teams in the use of a wide range of planning tools. Our commitment to sharing the benefits of these is demonstrated by the fact that Interactionz offer a facilitation service for PATH and MAPS to other support providers. We also train other organisations in their use.
- Managing risks and challenges – For many participants the need to balance the duty of care with the dignity of risk will be a challenging aspect of the programme. With the benefit of experience, our mentors will be able to provide useful, practical tips of how to identify and manage these risks, as well as sharing real life stories that bring the concepts to life.