Mentoring young people to live their best life
“What we instill in our children will be the foundation upon which they build their future.” Steve Maraboli
Today’s youth face an infinitely more complex and high pressure world than the one we grew up in. More than any generation before, they need to connect with people who provide support, guidance and understanding. When that connection isn’t there, things can go wrong and bad decisions get made. At Interactionz we understand that there are a myriad reasons why those connections can break down. Fortunately, we’re also pretty good at helping to build them up again…
Working with young people has to one of the most rewarding things in the world. We love it. Sure, there might be the odd monosyllabic grunt to deal with, but once you’ve mastered the teenage glossary of terms, you’ll often be rewarded with glimpses of sharp insight, moments of unexpected empathy, and that underlying sense of limitless potential.
The Interactionz youth mentoring program works to help young people to:
- Visualise a future that excites them using our powerful visualisation tools.
- Connect (or reconnect) with people around them, building meaningful relationships that become natural supports. Where appropriate we extend this network by connecting the person with other people from their community who can provide additional support. Read more about our ‘lightest touch’ philosophy…
- Support them to grow into their potential by providing encouragement, support and guidance. Our focus is on helping them to develop the skills they need to move forward with confidence and the ability to make good decisions in achieving the life they want.
It can be tailored to suit to young people of all ages, backgrounds and circumstances such as:
- School leavers making career decisions
- Teenagers who’ve made bad decisions and need support to find their way
- Young people from troubled family backgrounds
- Teenagers with specific aspirations they’d like to pursue
We are able work with young people directly or can provide contracted services through other community organisations. We also work with schools and other youth-based organisations to train them in all aspects of mentoring. Read more about training…